What is Tennessee Reconnect?
Tennessee Reconnect is the state’s initiative to help more Tennessee adults attend college. Goals include helping these adults gain new skills, advance in the workplace and fulfill lifelong dreams of completing their education.
Tennessee Reconnect provides last-dollar scholarships to qualifying adults pursuing an associate degree or credential at a Tennessee community college.
Learn how to enroll in the Tennessee Reconnect Enrollment Guide.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page for more details.
What does Tennessee Reconnect cover?
Tennessee Reconnect covers the cost of tuition and mandatory fees not paid for through other state and federal financial aid. The program does not cover the costs of textbooks, some fees and other expenses like travel or child care.
Do You Qualify?
Tennessee Reconnect is for students who:
- Meet admissions requirements and provide official transcripts from previous colleges.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Visit TNReconnect.gov and apply for the Tennessee Reconnect Scholarship. Student must not be in student loan default.
- Enroll in at least six credit hours.
- Are designated as an independent student.
- Have not previously earned an associate or bachelor's degree.
- Have been a Tennessee resident for at least one year before completing the FAFSA.
- Are registered for selective service (if applicable).
- Take part in a college success program.
How Do I Get Started?
Please view the steps to enrollment in our Reconnect Enrollment Guide. You can also request more information.
- Recruitment Office
- Financial Aid Office