Health and safety are a top priority at Southwest Tennessee Community College says Police Services and Public Safety Director L. Angela Webb. Now, more than ever. “COVID-19 has changed our lives and safety operations at Southwest,” Webb said....
When Shelby County Health Department Public Health Coordinator Josephine Burks visited the Macon Cove Campus Sept. 9, she was impressed by what she saw. “From the beginning, my team and I observed excellent standards with regards to adhering to...
Southwest Tennessee Community College has launched a COVID-19 dashboard on the College’s coronavirus website to keep students, employees and the public informed about COVID-19 cases at Southwest locations. Southwest’s COVID-19 Task Force uses...
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, scams have emerged as millions of Americans grapple with job insecurity and loss.
Maybe you or your friends have gotten an email claiming to be from the “Financial Department” of your university. The email tells you to click on a link to get a message about your COVID-19 economic stimulus check — and it needs to be opened...
In This Issue...
- FROM THE PRESIDENT: Where education, training and business merge
- FACULTY NEWS: President Hall asks faculty to help TN Reconnect students keep moving forward
- President’s Leadership Retreat focuses on reimagining student success
- Southwest convenes first virtual legislative town hall
- STUDENT NEWS: New AFA program nets four Memphis Ostrander awards
- STUDENT NEWS: Honors Convocation salutes perseverance during pandemic
- STUDENT NEWS: Project M.O.S.T. takes students on virtual trip to Africa
- STUDENT NEWS: Southwest launches National Society of Leadership and Success chapter
- Welcome aboard, new team members
- STAFF KUDOS: Chief L. Angela Webb appointed to international committee for campus public safety
- STAFF KUDOS: Dr. Mary Palmer touts benefits of outdoor learning in Science and Education article
- FACULTY NEWS: Join the Academic Master Plan conversation in October
- FACULTY NEWS: Southwest rolls out faculty externship program
- FACULTY KUDOS: Dr. Eddie Baker appointed chair of business and technologies department
- FACULTY KUDOS: Cisco Networking Academy recognizes Brenda Phillips and Forrest Smith as top level instructors
- Adjunct Appreciation Awards go virtual
- Faculty and Staff Awards reward attendees with spectacular multi-media program
- Fall Convocation features student poetry and budget outlook
- Center for Access awarded $50,000 SERS grant; plans autism camp
- Virtual Data & Equity Conference offers insights on equity inside and outside the classroom
- Reimagine Southwest online!
- Want to help Reimagine Southwest? Join a governance council!
- Mandatory annual Title IX training begins Oct. 12
- ITS launches security awareness campaign; mandatory training to come
- College officials mobilize to promote health and safety in wake of COVID-19 cases
- Local health department impressed with campus safety measures
- Southwest launches COVID-19 activity dashboard
- ‘Tis the season for a flu shot
- FROM INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES: How to spot fake work-at-home job offers
- SPECIAL TO SCOOP: Avoid COVID-19 phishing scams
- SALUQI CORNER: Student-athletes score big at TCCAA achievement awards
- Southwest: In the News