Southwest’s Center for Access will begin recruiting students for a new Access to Pathways Autism Camp for high school graduates with Autism Spectrum Disorder or ASD, thanks to a $50,000 Student Engagement Retention and Success grant awarded by...
Southwest’s Title III Team and the Equity & Inclusion Sub-Council hosted the College’s first Virtual Data & Equity Conference entitled, “Equity: Pursuing Social and Economic Justice in Higher Education,” July 31 via MS Teams. More than 130...
The Institutional Affairs Council (IAC) and the Student Success Council (SSC) are recruiting new members to join their teams and sub-councils. As a council member, you will directly influence the College’s strategic focus and policy decisions.
To provide a safe and welcoming campus, Tennessee Board of Regents requires all Southwest employees to complete Title IX training. The Office of Equity and Compliance will launch the annual Title IX training program October 12 when Southwest employees...
Southwest employees received a test phishing email last month that was masked as a person who was supposedly helping Information Security Director Jim Sorrell with information security and password settings. The email asked employees to click a link...
In This Issue...
- FROM THE PRESIDENT: Where education, training and business merge
- FACULTY NEWS: President Hall asks faculty to help TN Reconnect students keep moving forward
- President’s Leadership Retreat focuses on reimagining student success
- Southwest convenes first virtual legislative town hall
- STUDENT NEWS: New AFA program nets four Memphis Ostrander awards
- STUDENT NEWS: Honors Convocation salutes perseverance during pandemic
- STUDENT NEWS: Project M.O.S.T. takes students on virtual trip to Africa
- STUDENT NEWS: Southwest launches National Society of Leadership and Success chapter
- Welcome aboard, new team members
- STAFF KUDOS: Chief L. Angela Webb appointed to international committee for campus public safety
- STAFF KUDOS: Dr. Mary Palmer touts benefits of outdoor learning in Science and Education article
- FACULTY NEWS: Join the Academic Master Plan conversation in October
- FACULTY NEWS: Southwest rolls out faculty externship program
- FACULTY KUDOS: Dr. Eddie Baker appointed chair of business and technologies department
- FACULTY KUDOS: Cisco Networking Academy recognizes Brenda Phillips and Forrest Smith as top level instructors
- Adjunct Appreciation Awards go virtual
- Faculty and Staff Awards reward attendees with spectacular multi-media program
- Fall Convocation features student poetry and budget outlook
- Center for Access awarded $50,000 SERS grant; plans autism camp
- Virtual Data & Equity Conference offers insights on equity inside and outside the classroom
- Reimagine Southwest online!
- Want to help Reimagine Southwest? Join a governance council!
- Mandatory annual Title IX training begins Oct. 12
- ITS launches security awareness campaign; mandatory training to come
- College officials mobilize to promote health and safety in wake of COVID-19 cases
- Local health department impressed with campus safety measures
- Southwest launches COVID-19 activity dashboard
- ‘Tis the season for a flu shot
- FROM INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES: How to spot fake work-at-home job offers
- SPECIAL TO SCOOP: Avoid COVID-19 phishing scams
- SALUQI CORNER: Student-athletes score big at TCCAA achievement awards
- Southwest: In the News