When Southwest announced the new faculty externship program during a virtual information session with a select group of local business owners June 11, the industry leaders were intrigued with the concept. President Tracy D. Hall informed the group...
Congratulations to Dr. Eddie Baker on his appointment as Business and Legal Studies chair July 1, 2020.
FACULTY KUDOS: Cisco Networking Academy recognizes Brenda Phillips and Forrest Smith as top level instructors
Congratulations to assistant professors Brenda Phillips and Forrest Smith on their selection as top level instructors by Cisco Networking Academy. The global IT networking academy deemed them stellar instructors for their teaching par excellence.
Due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, the Division of Academic Affairs held its first-ever virtual Adjunct Appreciation Awards May 15, 2020, in lieu of their customary awards appreciation dinner. Guests were invited to watch a pre-recorded video...
The Human Resources staff promised a multi-media extravaganza for this year’s Faculty and Staff Awards and they certainly delivered on their promise.
Southwest opened the 2020-2021 academic year Aug. 19 at Fall Convocation with inspirational presentations from students and updates from College leaders. Students Zaria Lane, Montrell Polk and Andrea Caery moved those who attended the College’s...
In This Issue...
- FROM THE PRESIDENT: Where education, training and business merge
- FACULTY NEWS: President Hall asks faculty to help TN Reconnect students keep moving forward
- President’s Leadership Retreat focuses on reimagining student success
- Southwest convenes first virtual legislative town hall
- STUDENT NEWS: New AFA program nets four Memphis Ostrander awards
- STUDENT NEWS: Honors Convocation salutes perseverance during pandemic
- STUDENT NEWS: Project M.O.S.T. takes students on virtual trip to Africa
- STUDENT NEWS: Southwest launches National Society of Leadership and Success chapter
- Welcome aboard, new team members
- STAFF KUDOS: Chief L. Angela Webb appointed to international committee for campus public safety
- STAFF KUDOS: Dr. Mary Palmer touts benefits of outdoor learning in Science and Education article
- FACULTY NEWS: Join the Academic Master Plan conversation in October
- FACULTY NEWS: Southwest rolls out faculty externship program
- FACULTY KUDOS: Dr. Eddie Baker appointed chair of business and technologies department
- FACULTY KUDOS: Cisco Networking Academy recognizes Brenda Phillips and Forrest Smith as top level instructors
- Adjunct Appreciation Awards go virtual
- Faculty and Staff Awards reward attendees with spectacular multi-media program
- Fall Convocation features student poetry and budget outlook
- Center for Access awarded $50,000 SERS grant; plans autism camp
- Virtual Data & Equity Conference offers insights on equity inside and outside the classroom
- Reimagine Southwest online!
- Want to help Reimagine Southwest? Join a governance council!
- Mandatory annual Title IX training begins Oct. 12
- ITS launches security awareness campaign; mandatory training to come
- College officials mobilize to promote health and safety in wake of COVID-19 cases
- Local health department impressed with campus safety measures
- Southwest launches COVID-19 activity dashboard
- ‘Tis the season for a flu shot
- FROM INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES: How to spot fake work-at-home job offers
- SPECIAL TO SCOOP: Avoid COVID-19 phishing scams
- SALUQI CORNER: Student-athletes score big at TCCAA achievement awards
- Southwest: In the News