Southwest Hosts College Goal Tennessee 2015 to Assist with TN Promise "FAFSA" Requirement
For more information, contact:
Brenda J. Rayner
Southwest Tennessee Community College is one of many colleges in Tennessee hosting College Goal Tennessee 2015 to provide students and families with information on how to obtain financial aid for college. During College Goal Tennessee you can:
- Obtain free on-site professional assistance with filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form.
- Talk to financial aid professionals about financial aid resources and how to apply.
- Get information regarding state-wide student services, admission requirements, and more!
College Goal Tennessee will be held on the Sunday's listed below from 2-4 p.m.:
- January 25, Academic Building, Wing C, Rooms 189 and 191
- February 1, Academic Building, Wing C, Rooms 189 and 191
- February 15, Academic Building, Wing C, Rooms 189 and 191
How It Works
Simply attend College Goal Tennessee. It's completely free. While you're there, a financial aid professional will answer your questions and help you fill out the application for federal, state, lottery and other financial aid programs.
Who Should Attend
university, career college, or technical school, and you need financial aid and help filling out the FAFSA, the College Goal Tennessee is for you. All students and parent(s) are welcome.
What You Should Bring
Students and their parents should bring the following (if available):
- 2014 Federal Tax Return or other income documentation
- Social Security number
- Driver's license (if any)
- 2014 W-2 Forms or year-end pay stubs and other year-end records of money received
- 2014 untaxed income records - Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records
- Your 2014 bank statements
- 2014 business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
If you plan on filling out the FAFSA online at the event bring, your Federal Student Aid PIN. If you do not have a Federal Student Aid PIN apply at the PIN website before attending the event.
This information is helpful to complete the FAFSA, but not required to attend.