Welcome to the official newsletter for students, employees and friends of Southwest Tennessee Community College. Get the scoop on Southwest events, activities and accomplishments!
November/December 2021 Edition
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
Since the nation’s first community college opened in Joliet, Illinois, in 1901, never has the mission of community colleges been more relevant, more important. Career and technical preparation, workforce and community education, and the ability...
KUDOS: Memphis Business Journal honors Southwest leaders as “Women Who Lead”
The Memphis Business Journal’s editorial team named Southwest President Tracy D. Hall for their 2021 Women Who Lead in Education annual recognition. The honor singled out top educational leaders at Memphis’ key institutions representing both...
Welcome to Kristine Williams, Southwest’s new digital content coordinator!
Kristine Williams, “Krissi” as she prefers, has joined Southwest as the College’s new digital content coordinator in the department of Communications, Marketing and Community Relations. She began her new role managing the College’s website...
Southwest wins Memphis Most’s Best Technical College award
Southwest is The Commercial Appeal’s 2021 Memphis Most winner for Best Technical College!
Bert Bornblum Library adds new anatomy and physiology lab
The new Anatomy and Physiology Lab at the Bert Bornblum Library on the Macon Cove Campus provides students easier access to microscopes and more than thirty anatomy models. The lab is located on the first floor of the library in Room ML117.
Cecilia Maciel Martinez joins Southwest as new COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Coordinator
The Coronavirus pandemic has become an ongoing global infectious disease. Southwest has successfully faced the institutional challenges of the pandemic and adapted to the “new normal.” However, Physical Plant Director Jonathan Welden says the...
In This Issue...
- From the President
- KUDOS: Memphis Business Journal honors Southwest leaders as “Women Who Lead”
- Welcome to Kristine Williams, Southwest’s new digital content coordinator!
- Southwest wins Memphis Most’s Best Technical College award
- Bert Bornblum Library adds new anatomy and physiology lab
- Cecilia Maciel Martinez joins Southwest as new COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Coordinator
- TSBDC at Southwest taps NaShawn Branch as executive director
- Saluqi basketball kicks off season
- Snacks back at Follett Bookstores
- Southwest Tennessee Community College’s Public Safety and Police Services receives TLEA accreditation
- Governor appoints President Hall Post-Secondary Readiness and the Business Community subcommittee
- Welcome Aboard
- Southwest Reopens Whitehaven Vaccination Site
- POLICY MATTERS: Contracts and agreements approval process update
- AT&T Foundation donates $10,000 for student scholarships
- CCAMPIS child care program wins $900K federal grant
- IT Department releases cyber security guide
- Southwest launches new distance Digital Twin learning platform
- Foundation provides critical support for students during the pandemic, needs support to keep moving forward
- Southwest Leadership Academy graduates inaugural class
- Abadie tapped as Bellwether judge
- Southwest hosts Chamber’s Chairman’s Circle
- Project M.O.S.T. receives $3M in funding; students recruited for membership
- Honors program unveils Spring 2022 faculty and courses
- MS Teams training available for employees
- Stephens receives TBR Chancellor's Commendation for Military Veterans
- Kudos to Southwest’s Top 10 Enrollment Partners
- Southwest student joins cohort class of IT Apprenticeship program course
- KUDOS: CFO Smith, Interim VP Brown and Assoc. Dean Greene tapped to serve statewide
- Vice President for Student Affairs Jacqueline Faulkner steps down
- Southwest to go fully virtual Nov. 29 - Dec. 1 to lessen the risk of coronavirus spread following Thanksgiving holiday