Welcome to the official newsletter for students, employees and friends of Southwest Tennessee Community College. Get the scoop on Southwest events, activities and accomplishments!
November/December 2021 Edition
Foundation provides critical support for students during the pandemic, needs support to keep moving forward
Want to support student success? Vice President for External Relations Cynthia Graham says giving to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Foundation is a great way to make a difference in the lives of Southwest students and the employees who...
Southwest Leadership Academy graduates inaugural class
Congratulations to the inaugural class of the Southwest Leadership Academy (SLA) on their distinguished graduation!
Abadie tapped as Bellwether judge
Congratulations to Special Assistant to the Vice-President of Academic Affairs Sindy Abadie on her selection to serve as a 2022 Bellwether Awards judge!
Southwest hosts Chamber’s Chairman’s Circle
Presidents, CEOs and business owners toured the newly renovated Fulton Building on the Macon Cove Campus Oct. 26, 2021, where they saw first-hand Southwest’s new state-of-the-art technology labs. The tour was part of the Memphis Regional Chamber’s...
Project M.O.S.T. receives $3M in funding; students recruited for membership
Project M.O.S.T. (Men of Southwest Tennessee) provides a variety of supports, resources and assistance to African American male students to help them complete their academic journey and achieve their full potential. Services include mentoring, tutoring...
Honors program unveils Spring 2022 faculty and courses
Honors designated courses are smaller, innovative, more interactive and student-centered, allowing students to pursue academic interests while developing personal and professional skills needed to become part of the next generation of leaders. With...
In This Issue...
- From the President
- KUDOS: Memphis Business Journal honors Southwest leaders as “Women Who Lead”
- Welcome to Kristine Williams, Southwest’s new digital content coordinator!
- Southwest wins Memphis Most’s Best Technical College award
- Bert Bornblum Library adds new anatomy and physiology lab
- Cecilia Maciel Martinez joins Southwest as new COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Coordinator
- TSBDC at Southwest taps NaShawn Branch as executive director
- Saluqi basketball kicks off season
- Snacks back at Follett Bookstores
- Southwest Tennessee Community College’s Public Safety and Police Services receives TLEA accreditation
- Governor appoints President Hall Post-Secondary Readiness and the Business Community subcommittee
- Welcome Aboard
- Southwest Reopens Whitehaven Vaccination Site
- POLICY MATTERS: Contracts and agreements approval process update
- AT&T Foundation donates $10,000 for student scholarships
- CCAMPIS child care program wins $900K federal grant
- IT Department releases cyber security guide
- Southwest launches new distance Digital Twin learning platform
- Foundation provides critical support for students during the pandemic, needs support to keep moving forward
- Southwest Leadership Academy graduates inaugural class
- Abadie tapped as Bellwether judge
- Southwest hosts Chamber’s Chairman’s Circle
- Project M.O.S.T. receives $3M in funding; students recruited for membership
- Honors program unveils Spring 2022 faculty and courses
- MS Teams training available for employees
- Stephens receives TBR Chancellor's Commendation for Military Veterans
- Kudos to Southwest’s Top 10 Enrollment Partners
- Southwest student joins cohort class of IT Apprenticeship program course
- KUDOS: CFO Smith, Interim VP Brown and Assoc. Dean Greene tapped to serve statewide
- Vice President for Student Affairs Jacqueline Faulkner steps down
- Southwest to go fully virtual Nov. 29 - Dec. 1 to lessen the risk of coronavirus spread following Thanksgiving holiday