As scholarships are dependent upon availability of funds, not all scholarships can be awarded every year.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (opens new window) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
One $1,000 scholarship is available for the academic year.
- Full time or part-time student
- Any degree program
- Memphis or Shelby County resident
- Business Commerce Major with an interest in banking
- Must demonstrate financial need (Maximum family income must not exceed 80% of the HUD median family income for the Memphis Metropolitan Area for 2010. Income must not exceed $46,240.00)
- Recipient must have a 2.5 GPA and scholarship is renewable for a second semester provided a 2.5 GPA is maintained for the first semester.
Submit application (opens new window) to the Southwest Tennessee Community College Financial Aid Office by March 15.
Southwest Tennessee Community College Scholarship Committee.