Internal Audit is an independent objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the college management systems. Internal Audit helps the college accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Internal Audit assists the college's management in the effective discharge of their duties and responsibilities by evaluating activities, recommending improvements, and providing other information designed to promote effective controls.
The Internal Audit function adheres to The Institute of Internal Auditors' mandatory guidance including the Definition of Internal Auditing, the Code of Ethics, and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
Southwest Tennessee Community College is committed to the responsible stewardship of its resources. Management is responsible for maintaining a work environment that promotes ethical and honest behavior, and for establishing and implementing internal control systems and procedures to prevent and detect irregularities. Please see the Preventing and Reporting Fraud, Waste, and Abuse policy for additional information.
Southwest Tennessee Community College encourages any employee, student, or citizen
to report known or suspected dishonest acts.
You may report your concerns to:
• Your supervisor or an official of the College
• Southwest Internal Audit at 901.333.4203
• Southwest Internal Audit at InternalAudit@southwest.tn.edu
• TBR System-wide Internal Audit by email at ReportFraud@tbr.edu
• TBR System-wide Internal Audit using the Fraud, Waste, or Abuse Reporting Form
• Tennessee Comptroller's Hotline at 1.800.232.5454
For more information, please see the Southwest Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Brochure
- Macon Cove Campus 212 Freeman Building