Workers Compensation

At Southwest Tennessee Community College, employee safety, security and well-being are a high priority for all of us. We take every measure to provide the safest work environment possible for our employees, and we strive to ensure that injuries and accidents are rare occurrences.

The State of Tennessee Workers' Compensation Program is administered through CorVel, the Workers' Compensation Third Party Administrator (TPA).  Southwest Tennessee Community College participates in this State sponsored program since July 1, 2019.  Note: the State requires all worker incidents to be reported within three-days of the incident to Corvel.  Failure to do so will result in the college/department being fined $500 each occurrence for late reported claims and any unauthorized, unapproved treatment.

CorVel Corporation

24/7 -  New Claims–Nurse Triage Hotline: 1.866.245.8588. 

  • option 1 for immediate medical care 
  • option 2 for reporting only, without care.

Corvel customer Service: 1.888.226.7835.

  • existing claims (questions, medical treatment, documents, bills, etc.)

All workplace incidents must be reported with three-days of the incident whether compensable or not.

All medical care must be approved by Corvel in advance of treatment.

 Reporting procedures:

  1. The employee must report the incident to their Supervisor immediately, unless a life-threatening incident, and regardless if you do not plan to seek medical care. 
    • The Supervisor may call on behalf of the employee whenever necessary.
  2. The employee must report the incident to the Office of Public Safety to file an official record of the incident. 
  3. The employee must call the CorVel Hotline at (866) 245-8588, option 1. 
    • o A nurse will assess your situation and direct all medical care to state-approved medical treatment facilities.  
  4. Any life threatening workplace incident, call 911 immediately.

If you have any questions or concerns about your Workers' Compensation benefits, please contact Human Resources at or call (901) 333-5340.

Printable Reference Sheets


Related Links

Contact Us