Apply for Financial Aid
FAFSA School Code: 010439
How do I apply for Federal Financial Aid?
- All students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. While completing the FAFSA, enter Southwest's school code,010439.
- Allow three to five business days for your FAFSA to process. Check your financial aid status on the My.Southwest student dashboard regularly to ensure you have no outstanding "To Do" items. Your financial aid award will be displayed online when available.
- Make sure you turn in all the required forms that are needed on the student dashboard account. Failure to complete this request will cause processing delays. Forms can be uploaded at our Financial Aid Documentation Upload Page.
- Financial aid awards are only offered to fully admitted, degree-seeking students.
- Complete US Federal IRS Tax returns early each year, so the FAFSA can be renewed early.
All communications about your financial aid will be sent to your Southwest email or posted on the My.Southwest student dashboard.
- How to Apply
- Important Deadlines
- Net Price Calculator
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial Aid Documentation Upload Page
- Federal Financial Aid
- Federal Work Study
- Course Program of Study (CPoS)
- State Financial Aid
- US College Affordability and Transparency Center
- Financial Aid Forms
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Other Types of Financial Aid
- CARES Act