The Southwest Emergency Messaging System
The Southwest Emergency Messaging System will only be used in the event of an on-campus emergency, an unscheduled College closing, or a delay or cancellation of classes due to, for example, severe weather. Students, faculty and staff can sign up for the service voluntarily. Southwest encourages students to sign up for this service because of the speed with which email and text messaging will enable them to receive emergency information from College authorities. There is no charge for signing up; however, standard text messaging rates apply.
Activate your account
- Use the following link to sign up for the Southwest Emergency Messaging System: www.getrave.com/login/southwesttn
- On the Southwest Rave login page, click on the "If you haven't registered, Join Now" link under the login button
- Proceed with the 3-step registration process:
- Confirm mobile number -- A text message will be sent to your mobile number. Open the message to obtain your four-digit confirmation code and enter that code to complete the process.
- Registration complete -- You are now ready to receive alerts.
From your browser:
- Launch www.getrave.com/login/southwesttn on your computer.
- Login with your school email address.
- Click Join Now.
- Enter your school email address (or the email and password provided by Southwest).
- Click Next.
- Go to your email program.
From your email program:
- Open the confirmation email Rave sends you.
- Click the included link to continue the registration process.
- L. Angela Webb, Director
- Ernest A. Greenleaf, Assistant Director
If you experience problems with registering your cell number or email address please send the below information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First and last name:
- Email address:
- Phone number:
- Carrier name:
- Is the account pre-paid? Yes/No
- Has the number been moved from another carrier, had a transfer in liability (parents to student for example), or been created as a new account with the carrier within the last 60 days? Yes/No
- Phone Model:
- Contact Phone Number: