Hero Image

Counseling and Social Services

Counseling and Social Services

Mental health counseling is provided virtually using Microsoft TEAMS.  Southwest students may access TEAMS with their college e-mail account. Students who need counseling services may contact the college's mental health counselor at kweddington@southwest.tn.edu to set up an appointment. Additional information about hotlines, relaxation exercises and other educational materials and resources are available on the counseling website.

Message from the Mental Health Counselor


Social Services

Students can request assistance for social services by emailing smroyal@southwest.tn.edu.

Use our service request form to receive resource information for all social service and emergency assistance requests.

Emergency Resources

Tennessee has a community service helpline with trained volunteers available to help students locate services within their area. Services include Housing and Utilities, Food, Transportation, Legal, etc. Students can access this resource in the following ways: Web; Text 898-211, enter zipcode; or Call 2-1-1.

Southwest offers one-time emergency assistance funds to eligible students. To be considered for assistance, please complete the Student Emergency Assistance Fund form and a member of the Southwest Foundation will contact you.   


Contact Us