Pragmatic applications of computer hardware and software systems
Computer Engineering Technology A.A.S. Degree
This program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Welcome to the Computer Engineering Technology program. This Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree enables graduates to enter the job market as a Computer Engineering Technician. The program focuses on the theory and application of computer hardware and software. Students in this program study the following:
- electric circuits analysis
- digital circuits design and analysis
- electronic devices
- high level programming
- microprocessor/microcontroller programming and interfacing
- digital communication
- computer networks
This program prepares engineering technicians in the areas of design, fabrication and maintenance of digital electronic systems. Graduates may pursue careers in areas such as hardware and software testing, digital systems design, computer networking, and installing and maintaining computer systems.
Industrial Computer Fundamentals Certificate
This technical certificate program can help you gain quick-entry into a technical career within two semesters (only six courses). The program has a low total cost and a high income return. State of the art equipment and software used in the program are endorsed by major Mid-South industrial companies.
Program and Course Information
To find out more about courses offered at Southwest, you can use our Interactive Course Schedule to see when and where a class is being offered.
This program is part of the Engineering Technologies Department.
- Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
- Industrial Computer Fundamentals Technical Certificate Student Outcomes
- Advantages of the Industrial Computer Fundamentals Technical Certificate
- Computer Engineering Technology A.A.S. Enrollment Profile
- Industrial Computer Fundamentals Enrollment Profile