Sexual Assault Resources

If you are the victim or survivor of sexual assault, dating violence, domestic abuse, stalking, or similar assault or misconduct or if someone you know has been sexually assaulted, you are encouraged to either call Police Services/Public Safety at 901-333-5555 or the Office of Equity & Compliance at 901-333-5005.

The following are steps that should help you during the immediate aftermath of the incident.

  • If in immediate danger, call 911.
  • Go to a safe place. If possible, go to a police or fire station. If you need medical assistance, seek an Emergency Room (ER). If unable to do either, seek refuge at a public, well lighted business, where you can call for help and can remain until emergency responders and/or a friend can come to your aid.
  • If you are not ready to call 911, at least consider seeking medical assistance to: address injuries (both visible and hidden); screen for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), pregnancy, and date rape drugs; obtain emergency contraception; and have documentation and other evidence collected in case you later elect to file for criminal charges or disciplinary complaints.
  • Call a friend or a rape/domestic abuse crisis center. Crisis centers often offer 24/7 hotlines as well as victim advocates who can help you.
  • To better ensure that medical personnel can collect effective DNA and other evidence, follow these steps:
    • Avoid combing or brushing your hair.
    • Do not change clothes.
    • If you cannot avoid changing clothes, carefully place each item of clothing in a clean paper bag (if possible, use one bag per item).
    • Do not bathe, shower, or wash any part of your body.
    • Do not brush your teeth or otherwise clean/rinse your mouth.
    • Do not eat or drink anything.
    • If possible, do not urinate.
    • Avoid moving, cleaning, changing, or touching anything that is part of the crime scene. A crime scene can be an indoor or outdoor location and can be either stationary or mobile. Sometimes there is more than one crime scene.
    • Try not to touch or move anything the offender may have come into contact with.


Office of the Title IX Coordinator Union Avenue Campus
Parrish Building
Room 221
737 Union Ave
Memphis, TN 38103
Mental Health Counselor
Student Conduct and Judicial Affairs Macon Cove Campus
Farris Building, Room 1105
Memphis, TN 38134
Student Conduct and Judicial Affairs Union Avenue Campus
B Building
Room 106
737 Union Ave
Memphis, TN 38103
Police Services/Public Safety Gill Center
Room 105
3833 Mountain Terrace
Memphis, TN 38127
Union Avenue Campus
Parrish Building
Room 107
737 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
Macon Cove Campus
Farris Building
Room 1107
5983 Macon Cove
Memphis, TN 38134
Maxine A. Smith Center
Room 112
8800 East Shelby Drive
Memphis, TN 38125
Whitehaven Center
Room 101
1234 Finley Road
Memphis, TN 38116
Advising Macon Cove Campus
Farris Building
Room 2140
5983 Macon Cove
Memphis, TN 38134
  Union Avenue Campus
M Building
Room 110
737 Union Ave
Memphis, TN 38103

Shelby County
Victims Center
1750 Madison Ave
Memphis, TN 38104
Phone: 901-222-3850
Shelby County Rape Crisis Center 1750 Madison Ave
Suite 102
Memphis, TN 38104
Phone: 901-222-4350
Domestic Violence
Intake Center
(Protective Orders)

All of the links below open a new window.

  • National Sexual Assault Hotline - Phone: 1-800-656-4747
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline - Phone: 1-800-799-7233
  • Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) - Phone: 1-800-656-4673
  • National Coalition Against Domestic Violence - Phone: 1-303-839-1852
  • National Resource Center on Domestic Violence - Phone: 1-800-537-2238


Contact Us