Accessibility/Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
The Americans with Disability Act (ADA) provides broad nondiscrimination protection in employment, public services, and public accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 prohibits discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability in any program or activity that receives federal financial assistance. Section 504 is enforced by, among others, the Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
The Office of Equity & Compliance coordinates disability services for all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Southwest to provide access to all regardless of disability, and we fully comply with all laws that ensure equal opportunities for persons with disability. If you are a disabled applicant or employee who desires a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Office of Equity & Compliance at 901-333-5005 or firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process.
The Center for Access coordinates the college wide services for students with documented disabilities. These services, include but are not limited to:
- Arranging for accommodations in classrooms and activities on campus
- Helping faculty and staff to better understand physical, mental and learning disabilities and provide them with effective methods of working with students.
- Ensuring assistive technology is available when necessary.
- Helping students with study skills and organizational skills, books in alternative formats.
- Compliance Plan
- Compliance Directory
- Office of Access and Diversity
- Title VI
- Title VII
- Title IX
- Clery Act
- Campus SaVE
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Accessibility/Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Higher Education Opportunities Act (HEOA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Contact Us
- Safe Space Program
- Safe Zone Project
- Student Ombudsperson
- Make a Report