Committed to helping students with disabilities reach their personal and academic goals
- Ensuring equal access in the classroom and throughout the college campus
- Consulting with faculty about academic accommodations, legal compliance, and instructional, programmatic, physical, and curriculum modifications
- Determining accommodations that are appropriate and consistent with medical documentation
- Teaching self-advocacy
- Increasing college-wide disability awareness and sensitivity
Center for Access
LEAD student organization
Leadership, Excellence and Advocacy for Disabilities (LEAD) is a student organization providing a support network for students to gain leadership and advocacy skills. This dynamic group is a safe place for students with disabilities to learn, create and socialize.
LEAD is student led and holds various activities and events each semester to promote inclusion and support. LEAD is open to all Southwest students. To join or learn more, email the Center for Access at email@example.com.
- Fee Waiver/Discount Dates
- Grievance Procedures
- Medical Documentation Forms
- The Center for Access Counselors/Hours
- Note-taking Accommodations
- Student Affairs