Back to Campus: Phase I
Timeline and activities described below are contingent upon health and safety guidelines and current pandemic conditions and are subject to change.
During Phase I, the Macon Cove and Union Avenue campuses re-opened July 8, 2020.
PHASE I OBJECTIVES:
- Implement a phased-in approach of essential functions/programs that cannot operate optimally in an online environment.
- Continue to encourage telework, whenever possible and feasible with business operations.
- Adhere to CDC guidelines regarding social distancing and safety.
- Provide reasonable accommodations for employees/students who are members of vulnerable populations or who have primary responsibility for those who are members of vulnerable populations.
PHASE I GUIDELINES:
Phase I guidelines were developed according to those outlined in the White House Opening Up America Again Plan. The safety protocols also align with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations.
Those essential services that cannot be executed exclusively in an online environment are reintroduced. The Macon Cove and Union Avenue campuses reopen to offer career and technical courses with a lab component, along with select workforce development programs.
In addition, the following conditions apply:
- All Southwest locations remain closed to the public. Only students with scheduled class sessions, assigned faculty and essential employees and contractors who complete health screenings with acceptable results are granted access to the Macon Cove and Union Avenue locations.
- All other faculty and staff continue teleworking.
- All student support services continue to be provided online.
- Common areas, such as libraries, cafeterias and bookstores, remain closed.
- Online bookstore is fully operational.
- No on-campus public events.
- On-campus deliveries resume.
Activities during this phase are subject to change in response to pandemic developments. Stay tuned to the College’s Back to Campus website for news and updates.
SOUTHWEST BACK TO CAMPUS OPERATIONAL LEVELS
CONTACTGeneral Information Phone:
Public Safety Email:
Macon Cove Campus Phone:
Union Avenue Campus Phone:
Coronavirus News and Info
Campus Access Video (Macon Cove)
Campus Access Video (Union Avenue)
Faculty and Students
Letter from the President
Town Hall Student Q&A (June Session)
Town Hall Student Q&A (August Session)
Town Hall Legislator Q&A (August Session)
Town Hall Video Archive Playlist
You Down with PPE Video