Transient (Visiting) Student Checklist
Are you a prospective student who currently attends another college and plans to enroll temporarily at Southwest and then return to your home institution? Follow the checklist below to become a transient (visiting) Saluqi.
Note: Visiting students are not eligible to receive federal financial aid at Southwest.
Most required documents can be uploaded to the Admissions Documents/Forms Upload page. Use your My.Southwest student portal login or create an account to upload documents. Transcripts loaded here will not be considered official. Official college transcripts must come directly from the institution.
- Click on My.Southwest (located in the top nav bar of every Southwest webpage).
- In the Secure Access Login box, choose “First Time Users.”
- Enter the correct information in the boxes.
- Your username will appear, example: “jsmith” or “jsmith2”
- To set up your Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
- To access your student account, repeat step 1 and enter your username and password to log in.
If you need technical help, call the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).
Transient (visiting) students must provide proof of prerequisites in the form of a letter (Course Approval for Transient Students form) from their home institution showing approved course(s) for which the student may register, or the student must obtain departmental approval from Southwest. If the desired course requires a course prerequisite, the student may opt to provide an unofficial copy of the college transcript that shows proof of having earned the course prerequisite. The unofficial transcript can be uploaded here.
Transient students are not eligible for financial aid through Southwest.
Transient students are not assigned advisors and are responsible for class selection. We recommend that you consult with your home school for approved classes. You can proceed directly to registration. To register for classes, log onto your My.Southwest student portal and select Registration/Online Services.
Transient students who wish to extend their visiting status must submit a new application for admission. Transient students who later change to a degree-seeking status will be required to submit more admissions documents.
Questions? Call Admissions at 901-333-5924.
Last updated: October 6, 2020
- First-Time Students
- Dual Enrollment (High School) Students
- International Students
- Non-Degree-Seeking Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students