The Library at Southwest Tennessee Community College offers extensive online resources and five library locations for use by students, faculty and staff. All of our online resources can be accessed 24 hours a day.
All Physical Locations Currently Closed Due to COVID-19
Due to the pandemic, Southwest library locations are currently closed to the public. But help is available. Connect with a librarian online, via email or by phone with Ask a Librarian.
Library Service Curbside Pickup Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Beginning Sept. 1
Students can reserve library materials remotely and pick them up curbside at the Macon Cove and Union Avenue campuses.Â Reference and reserve items are NOT available for check-out.
How To Check Out and Return Library Materials
- View library materials online here at our website.
- Note the material title and call number.
- Use the "Ask a Librarian" feature to request materials and curbside pickup location.
- Arrive at campus at a designated time Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. and park in a reserved space near the library entrance.
- Call library to alert librarian you are ready to pick up materials curbside (Macon at 901-333-4717 or Union at 901-333-5135).
- Stay in your vehicle. The librarian will bring requested materials to you and hand them through your open vehicle window or place them in the trunk.
- Return the items in the library's outside book drop.
Your Southwest Library
The library supports students' top academic challenges by promoting academic success through information literacy instruction and resources that support the curriculum.
Operating hours at our library locations are designed to meet your needs. Our trained staff can help you find what you need.